- Ethics of Communication
- Latin American Philosophy
- Mondays and Wednesdays 4:00pm – 4:50pm
Areas of Specialization
- Modern Philosophy
Office: 115C Griffin-Floyd
Dr. Auxter is Associate Professor of Philosophy and former president of the United Faculty of Florida.
- Kant's Moral Teleology. Mercer University Press, 1982.
- "Organizing Faculty Unions in a Right-to-Work Environment," Journal of Collective Margaining in the Academy 8 (2016), Article 8. , opens in a new window
- "Collective Bargaining and Labor Representation for Higher Education in a 'Right to Work' Environment," National Center Proceedings 2016, Journal of Collective Bargaining in the Academy.
- "Performance Funding for Higher Education: The Hidden Costs and Consequences," Thought and Action: The NEA Higher Education Journal(Summer 2015), 153-61.
- "Radical Transformations in Higher Education: Where Do We Go From Here?" Thought and Action: The NEA Higher Education Journal (2010), 59-69.
- "A New Progressive Era in Higher Education," Thought and Action: The NEA Higher Education Journal, introduction to the "Special Focus" of the 2009 issue, 83.
- "Higher Education and the National Security State," Thought and Action: The NEA Higher Education Journal, introduction to the "Special Focus" of the 2005 issue, 91-2.
- "The Right Not to be Eaten," Ethical Vegetarianism: From Pythagoras to Peter Singer, edited by Kerry S. Walters and Lisa Portmess, (Albany: State University of New York, 1999), 177-87. (reprint)
- "The World of Retribution," Autonomy and Community: Readings in Contemporary Kantian Social Philosophy, edited by Jane Kneller and Sidney Axinn, (Albany: State University of New York Press, 1998), 191-211.
- "Kant's Logic", a review of the Hartman and Schwarz translation of and commentary on Kant's Logic, Journal of the History of Philosophy, April 1977.
- "Justice for Farmworkers," Moral Controversies, edited by Stephen Jay Gold (Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing, 1993), 448-57. (reprint)
- "Debate sobre el imperialismo cultural," Filosofar a la Altura del Hombre, edited by Leopoldo Zea (Mexico City, Cuadernos de Cuadernos, 1993), 159-65. (Reprint; articles selected from Cuadernos )
- "From Cultural Imperialism to Cultural Pluralism," International Journal of the Humanities, April 1993, 77-86.
- "Thought Control from the Right," Fascism(s): Proceedings of the Conference on Fascism(s), edited by Allen Carey-Webb and Monika Fischer, (Eugene, OR: University of Oregon, 1992), 1-26.
- "Kant's Theory of Retribution," Akten des Siebenten Internationalen Kant Kongresses. Kufürstliches Schloss zu Mainz, 1990, hrsg. von G. Funke (Bonn: Bouvier, 1991), 44-52.
- "Toward Multicultural Philosophy," Teaching Philosophy, June 1991, 189-99.
- "The Value of Academic Freedom," Thinking About Education, ed. Erskine Dottin (Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1990), 1-26.
- "Beyond the Culture of Immediacy," Philosophie et Culture: Actes du XVII Congres Mondial de Philosophie, Vol 2 (Montreal: Editions Montmorency, 1988), 677-81.
- "The Bottom Line for the University-as-Corporation," Thought and Action: The NEA Higher Education Journal, Spring 1988, 113-16.
- "Justice for Farm Workers," Poverty, Justice, and the Law: New Essays on Needs, Rights, and Obligations, edited by George Lucas, Jr. (Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1986) 149-63. (reprint)
- "The Meaning of Cost-Effective Education," Foundations of Education, edited by Erskine S. Dottin, (Lexington, Mass: Ginn and Company, 1985), 148-152.
- "Poetry and Self-Knowledge in Rural Life," Agriculture and Human Values, Spring 1985, 15-27.
- "A Tale of Three Campuses," Thought and Action: The NEA Higher Education Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, Fall 1984, 137-49.
- "Kant's Conception of the Private Sphere," Philosophical Forum, Summer 1982.
- "Toward a Comprehensive Theory of Tax Equity," Sharing the Burden of Government: Proceedings of the Conference on Tax Equity, edited by John Cooke and Edward Ford, (Tampa: University of South Florida, 1980).
- "The Unimportance of Kant's Highest Good," Journal of the History of Philosophy, April 1979, 121-34.
- "The Teleology of Kant's Ectypal World," Les Actes du Congres d'Ottawa sur Kant, (Ottawa: Editiones de l'Universite d'Ottawa , 1976), 513-19.
- "University Faculty Productivity: Issues, Choices, and Policy Recommendations," Faculty Productivity Issues in the State Universities, Council for Education Policy, Research and Improvement, July 2002, Appendix B 1-4.
- "The Meaning of Cost-Effective Higher Education," American Federation of Teachers, Report of the Advisory Commission of Higher Education, No. 5, Summer 1979, 1-12.
- President, United Faculty of Florida, 2001-15
- First Vice President, United Faculty of Florida University of Florida, 2008-14
- President, United Faculty of Florida, University of Florida 1978-80, 1983-85, 1998-2001
- Vice President for the State University System, United Faculty of Florida, 1990-91, 1993-97
- First Vice President, United Faculty of Florida, 1991-93