- Philosophy of Religion
- Graduate Seminar in Philosophy of Mind
Office Hours (Fall)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:00pm – 4:30pm over Zoom
Areas of Specialization
- Philosophy of Mind
Office: 308 Griffin-Floyd
Dr. Witmer is Associate Professor of Philosophy. His research focuses on metaphysics and philosophy of mind, with a special focus on physicalism.
- "Physicality for Physicalists." Topoi 37 (3): 457-472. September 2018. Special issue The Character of Physicalism, edited by Andreas Elpidorou.
- "Goff's Insufficiently Minimal Minimal Rationalism." Florida Philosophical Association. Pensacola, FL. Nov 2018.
- "Metaphysics and A Priori Vindication." Invited talk at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz, CA. May 2018.
- Comments on Paul Boswell, "There Are No Intrinsic Desires." Central Division, American Philosophical Association. Chicago, IL. Feb 2018.
- Comments on Zach Blaesi, "Grounding, Physicalism, and the Explanatory Gap." Eastern Division, American Philosophical Association. Savannah, GA. Jan 2018. (Presented in absentia.)
- "Platonistic Physicalism without Tears." Journal of Consciousness Studies 24 (9-10): 72-90. 2017.
- Comments on Fermín Fulda, "Three Grades of Naturalistic Involvement." Conference of the Society for the Metaphysics of Science. New York, NY. Oct 2017.
- Comments on Todd Ganson, "What are Sensory Powers?" Eastern Division, American Philosophical Association. Baltimore, MD. Jan 2017.
- "Chudnoff on our Awareness of Abstract Objects." Florida Philosophical Review 16 (1): 105-116. Winter 2016.
- Comments on Kenneth L. Pearce, "Counteressential Conditionals" Central Division, American Philosophical Association. Chicago, Illinois. Mar 2016.