- Philosophy of Space and Time
- Graduate Proseminar
- Mondays and Wednesdays 12:30pm – 1:30pm over Zoom
Areas of Specialization
- Philosophy of Science
Office: 330 Griffin-Floyd Hall
- 2018. "Humean Laws, Explanatory Circularity, and the Aim of Scientific Explanation". Philosophical Studies.
- 2018. "Toward a Best Predictive System Account of Laws of Nature". British Journal for the Philosophy of Science.
- 2017. "In All Probability, Quite Handy". Metascience 27.2: 223-226.
- 2017. "Bet Accepted: A Reply to Freitag". Philosophical Quarterly 68: 175-83
- 2016. "Evidence, Significance, and Counterfactuals: Schramm on the New Riddle of Induction". Erkenntnis 81.1: 143-154.
- 2012. "Structural and Inhibition Studies of the RNase H Function of Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus-Related Virus Reverse Transcriptase." (With K. Kirby, B. Marchand, et. al.) Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 56.4: 2048-61.
- 2010. "Inhibitors of Foot and Mouth Disease Virus Targeting a Novel Pocket of the RNA-Dependent RNA Polymerase." (With R. C. Durk, K. Singh, et. al.) PLoS ONE 5.12: e15049.
- "Why do the Laws Support Counterfactuals?" Society for the Metaphysics of Science Annual Conference, Milan, Italy. Aug 2018
- Comments on Siegfried Jaag and Christian Loew's "Humean Reductionism and (Iterated) Counterfactuals" Society for the Metaphysics of Science Annual Conference, Milan, Italy. Aug 2018
- Comments on David Kinney's "Bayesian Networks and Multi-Level Causation'. American Philosophical Association, Chicago IL. Feb 2018.
- "Laws of Nature, Prediction, and Reductionism". American Philosophical Association, Savannah GA. Jan 2018
- "Why are the Laws so Useful?" 33rd Boulder Conference on the History and Philosophy of Science, Boulder CO. Oct 2017.
- "A Tension in the Best System Account of Laws" American Philosophical Association, Seattle WA. Apr 2017.
- "Contemporary Perspectives on the DN Model of Scientific Explanation" Guest Lecture at Salem State University, Salem MA. Apr 2017.
- Comments on Katie Elliott's "The Applicability Problem for Chance Explanation" UNC Philosophy of Science Conference, Chapel Hill NC. Nov 2015.
- Comments on Lynn Chiu's "An Ecological Challenge Against the Propensity Interpretation of Fitness". American Philosophical Association, Vancouver BC. April 2015.
- Comments on Guy Hetzroni's "Causation and Unification in Quantum Explanations". Hebrew University—UNC Joint Conference in Philosophy, Chapel Hill NC. May 2014.
- "The Conventionality of the Brain's Functional Topography". Pitt—CMU Graduate Conference in Philosophy of Science, Pittsburgh PA. Mar 2014.