- On leave this term
Areas of Specialization
- Early Modern Philosophy
Office: 330A Griffin-Floyd
- "Early Modern Accounts of Epicureanism", With Antonia LoLordo, in Jacob Klein and Nathan Powers (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Hellenistic Philosophy (Oxford: Oxford University Press). Forthcoming.
- "Hobbes on the Signification of Evaluative Language", Hobbes Studies 32(2). Forthcoming.
- "Locke, God, and Materialism"
- Eastern APA, New York, January 2019.
- Southeast Graduate Philosophy Conference, University of Florida, March 2017.
- "Gassendi and Hobbes", With Antonia LoLordo, in Stephen Gaukroger (ed.), Knowledge in Modern Philosophy (London: Bloomsbury, 2018) 27-43.
- "The Early Modern Legacy of Epicureanism", With Antonia LoLordo, Conference on Hellenistic Philosophy, Colgate University, August 2018.
- "Hobbes on the Signification of Moral Language"
- International Hobbes Association, Eastern APA, Savannah, GA, January 2018.
- Oxford Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy, University of Oxford, March 2016.
- Thomas Hobbes on Reason and Passions, Law and Politics, University of California, Berkeley, November 2014.
- "Margaret Cavendish, Environmental Ethics, and Panpsychism"
- Southern Appalachian Undergraduate Philosophy Conference, UNC Asheville, February 2018
- New Narratives in Philosophy, Duke University, April 2016
- "Hobbes, Universal Names, and Nominalism", in Stefano Di Bella and Tad Schmaltz (ed.), The Problem of Universals in Early Modern Philosophy (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2017) 41-61.
- "Toland and Locke in the Leibniz-Burnett Correspondence", Locke Studies 17 (2017) 117-41.